Saturday, June 27, 2009

QotD - June 22-26


Every weekday NEO Trail member Jim Harris sends out a Quote of the Day (QotD) that is inspiring, insightful, or just plain funny. Sometimes it's not even a quote but a comic!

At the end of each week, the quotes he sends out will be posted on the NEO Trail blog. If you would like to be added to Jim's email list, then shoot him an email at
Tuesday, June 23rd

I'm an endurance athlete for many reasons. Escaping mindfulness, with all the lost brain cells that may or may not imply, is one of them. I'm also a closet control freak. Weird as it may sound, fretting about a problem and then solving it while getting hammered with a healthy dose of dopamine as I grind alone up a mountainside is one of my greatest fulfillments. I certainly get cranky when I don't get out there to train.

-Martin Dugard, from his blog


Wednesday, June 24th

If exercise were a pill, it would be the most expensive drug on the market.

-Dr. Carstensen


Thursday, June 25th

If the miles behind me could be put into words before you…
you would feel my efforts, my struggles, my desires,
most of all you would see my joy…
Watch me from afar run the trails and hills
and miles upon miles and you will see…

A runner.


Friday, June 26th



No comments: