Saturday, August 15, 2009

QotD - August 10-14


To be added to the QotD list, contact Jim Harris at james.a.harris@delphi.com.

August 10th
There is no "Y" in running. Believe in the run.
-Nike ad

August 12th
When I'm 3/4 of the way through a tough ultra, wondering why I'm out here doing something (again) that at the moment really doesn't seem like any fun at all, I invariably end up answering the question gnawing manically at my brain by responding, "This is what I do.

This is who I am. That's why.

When running 30 miles+ isn't just something you do occasionally, but becomes part of your own self-image, then you can call yourself a REAL ultrarunner. And you won't need to tell anyone else and you won't care what anyone else thinks.

You really wouldn't want to know what they think about it anyway!
-Mark Swanson

August 13th
My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.
-Elaine Maxwell

August 14th
It's not over for me though. I will be back. I will test my soul again. I will push my limits. I thank God everyday that I am still here to do that. I can't tell people how to live, how to train, what to take for nutrition, or what they should and should not do. I can tell you this. Don't wait until tomorrow to make the decision to do that something you have always thought about doing. Don't put it off any longer. Tomorrow your life my change drastically. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be the one with a heart problem. But to be honest, I'm glad I do. Now I can really test myself and find out what I'm made of. What I am trying to tell you is this... If you are thinking about doing something tomorrow, do it today instead.
-David Goggins, while recovering from surgery after Doctors found a hole in his heart

No comments: