Saturday, September 5, 2009

QotD - August 31 - September 4


To be added to the QotD list, contact Jim Harris at james.a.harris@delphi.com.

August 31st
"Running is a lot like life. Only 10 percent of it is exciting. 90 percent of it is slog and drudge."
-David Bedford, English distance runner who sometimes ran 200 miles a week in training

September 1st
"I feel the earth and the wind and the trees. I feel its spirit. It puts me in the moment. I feel the rhythm of the race. It's like music. When the rhythm gets dissonant and chaotic, it is either a jazzy driving force behind me or demons inside me."
-Gabriel Harmony Jennings, talking about winning the 1,500 meter

September 2nd
One must pay the price.

A person must earn the right to set lofty goals. By that I mean one must be realistic, do the homework, pay the price and accept the sacrifices involved.
-Dave McGillivary

September 4th
"I love running cross-country... You come up a hill and see two deer going: 'What the hell is he doing?' On a track, I feel like a hamster."
-Robin Williams, film star/comic/runner/cyclist

No comments: