Sunday, February 20, 2011

Runnin outta our Mine 5K Results

A unique race was held over the weekend in Pennysylvania. "Runnin' Outta Our Mine" 5K was staged...in a mine. This race will be held entirely in an underground mine located in Wampum, Pennsylvania. The average temperature will be near 55°F, except for the finish line
located outside the mine entrance.

Heidi Finniff and Bruce McIntosh were two NEO Trail Members that went over for this run. We hope to have a race report on this unique event soon.


Heidi Finniff 28:05.50
Bruce McIntosh 31:13.40

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I ran this race and had a blast...It was my second ever 5k and it really did resemble a trail run in many ways. 485 participants made it that much more interesting. I was actually thankful that I had incorporated some trail running in my training as it prepared me for some of the uneven footing and surface changes. I have only been back into running since June 2010...and I have to say my 30 minute performance aside...I would run this race over and over...