Heads up if you are planning on entering several popular races.
PSI: Hope you are a volunteer, as many races are now adding a volunteer requirement to their list of entry requirements.
W$ER: The Lottery entry period opens for two weeks in November, from November 11 through November 24. December 8 is lottery day.
Hardrock application is now available for the lottery. HR lottery is being held December 1.
Note from Charlie:
ANNOUNCEMENT FROM CHARLIE THORN (originally sent to the HR100 Yahoo mailing list - go join if you're not on it!):
The Hardrock applications are coming in fast.
I've received close to 300 applications so far and expect maybe 1000 total. The vast majority of them are complete and accurate. However, there is that 1% that don't seem to be able to get it right.
* Please use the mail. DO NOT email your application. Emailed applications will likely be ignored.
* Send in your Hardrock application EARLY. The later you wait, the less likely it is that I'll receive it by December 1.
* Resist the urge to send your application using certified or registered mail. I'm on travel a lot and if I have to go to the post office to sign for your application, it will certainly be delayed and it may not be received on time. As an example, last week I received a post office notice to pick up a registered entry WITH POSTAGE DUE. That's funny but I'm not amused.
* Make sure you include documentation for your qualifying run. Without complete documentation INCLUDED, your application is not complete and you may not get into the lottery. (Of course, if Hardrock is your qualifier, you do not have to provide any documentation.)
* Make sure you highlight your name and the qualifying run name and year on your documentation.
* Staple ALL of your qualifier documentation pages and application pages together but DO NOT staple your check to the application.
* Double check your application to make sure it's complete. For example, if you indicate you included your $250 check and it's not there, I assume that it's been stolen in the mail and a time consuming exchange of emails will ensue that wastes your time and mine.
* Make sure that your name is printed or written on your check. A few of the checks I've received are written from corporate accounts and, unless you name is included, it may be tough to figure out who you are.
Thanks for taking the time to make your Hardrock application complete and get those applications in EARLY. And, don't find yourself in that 1%.
Massanutten Race application opens December 1, closes December 7. On December 10, the closing number of the Dow determines the initial entrant list.
It also appears that MMT is changing some requirements for entry, although at this time, not official for 2013
The Barkley lottery is held in December. It is pretty much up to the individual to figure out how to apply to the race.