Friday, July 31, 2009

QotD - July 27 - July 31


To be added to the QotD list, contact Jim Harris at james.a.harris@delphi.com.

July 27th
The Sherpa don't believe they conquer the mountain, "they become one with it."
-Doug Freese

July 28th
I am so excited about Monday, that I am going to go to bed early, with my running clothes on shoes and all....like on Christmas Eve...
-cvctrackfan, on the first day of CC practice 2008

July 29th


July 30th
I've realized that to finish you have to really, really want it. Then when you reach that point in the race where you say 'what the @#$ am I doing here?' you can say 'finishing'. If you don't really, really want to finish, you reach that point in the race where you say 'what the @#$ am I doing here?' and you answer, 'holy crap, I don't know, I'm going home.' -John H. Powell, from his 2009 MMT race report, where he finished

July 31st
"You have to go into the jungle, find the lion, and spit in his face...then shoot him. You guys are not good enough to win on talent alone...you have to want it." -Herbie Brooks. coach of the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team

No comments: